Your personal data is collected and processed by Fika (VAT: BE0749950055) hereafter referred to as “Fika”.
Fika is committed to protect the (personal) data of all its stakeholders with the greatest possible care, and to process personal data only in a fair and lawful manner. This Privacy Statement is applicable to our customers, partners and website visitors for the personal data collected and processed by Fika through this website and the related services.
This Privacy Statement contains essential information on how Fika, as the data controller, collects and processes personal data, for what purposes and explains your rights as a data subject.
Processing of Personal Data
Personal data can be defined as any information that allows a natural person to be identified, directly or indirectly. You can provide us with your personal data in the context of the following activities, for the corresponding purposes and based on the stated grounds:
– Contact form or correspondence: By completing the contact form on the website, you consent to Fika processing your name, email address, telephone number and your question or message. If you contact us directly (by e-mail, telephone or letter), we will process your contact details and the content of this correspondence. We only use this information to sufficiently handle your question or message.
– Newsletter: If you subscribe to our newsletter, you provide us with your name and email address. Fika collects these data based on your consent and for the purpose of sending you relevant information and keeping you up to date with our latest news. We use an external service provider (Mailchimp) to monitor the delivery of our newsletter.
The legal ground on which Fika processes your data is consent. By providing your personal data when interacting with us or applying for a position at Fika, you consent to the processing of that data.
Fika considers your personal data as confidential and commits to process it only in a way that is compatible with the purposes for which the data were initially collected.
Sharing data with third party
In case it is necessary to share your data with partner companies, for our customer administration, to follow up on orders/deliveries, for billing, profiling and sending marketing and personalized advertising, your data will also be shared with partner companies with whom Fika has entered into an agreement. These partner companies each in turn subscribe to the applicable European laws and regulations. This concerns e.g. our logistics partners who take care of deliveries.
We do not keep your data longer than necessary. Your personal data will be deleted on a periodic basis (every 12 months), unless you have placed an order with us in the past 12 months, you are subscribed to the newsletter, you have an ongoing (in operation or on pause) subscription or unless necessary to comply with legal requirements (e.g. accounting reporting).
Your Rights as a Data Subject
At all times, the data subject has the possibility to exercise his or her rights as described in the General Data Protection Regulation. The data subject can exercise the following rights:
- Right of access: You have the right at any time and free of charge to access your personal data and to request a copy of the personal data that Fika collects about you.
- Right to rectification: You always have the right to have incorrect personal data corrected, or incomplete personal data completed.
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”): You can request to have your personal data removed from Fika’s systems. The request to erase your personal data cannot always be granted due to contractual or legal obligations. Fika will take these obligations into account when replying to your request.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data if the processing takes place on the ground of the legitimate interest of Fika or on the ground of the public interest. We will stop processing unless we can prove that there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or for the exercise of legal claims. You can also object in the case of direct marketing, so the personal data will no longer be processed for these purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent: For the processing of your personal data collected by Fika with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. For example, you can always unsubscribe from the newsletters. However, the withdrawal of your consent does not apply to processing previously carried out by Fika.
- Right to restriction of processing: In certain cases, the data subject is entitled to obtain the restriction of the processing of his or her personal data. We will continue to store your data, but we will restrict its use. You can e.g. submit this request when you think that your personal data is inaccurate, or the processing by Fika is unjustified. We only have to grant these requests in specific cases as defined by law.
- Right to data portability: The data subject has the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, processed by Fika, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or to transmit those data to another controller.
These rights can be exercised free of charge by sending an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . We commit to answer your request within one month upon its receipt. It is possible that we request additional information first in order to confirm your identity and ensure the request originates from you.
- Right to lodge a complaint: If, at any time, you believe that Fika infringes your privacy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority: Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, e-mail: email@example.com.